One of the things which can get frustrating with stores like Target is they don’t publish the schedule of which holidays they’re open and closed. For those who have to make a quick trip to the store for whatever reason on a holiday, not knowing if the store will be open when they arrive can get frustrating. Further complicating things is¬†federal holidays¬†aren’t necessarily recognized by retailers. Target corporate gets to choose if they want to remain open or closed on each holiday. For those who would like to know when Target is open and when it will be closed, the list below will let you know.
Target Holiday Schedule 2018
- Monday, January 1: Target stores are open on New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 15: Target stores are open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Wednesday, February 14: Target stores are open on Valentine’s Day
- Monday, February 19: Target stores are open on Presidents’ Day
- Saturday, March 17: Target stores are open on St. Patrick’s Day
- Friday, March 30: Target stores are open on Good Friday
- Sunday, April 1: Target stores are closed on Easter Sunday
- Monday, April 2: Target stores are open on Easter Monday
- Sunday, May 13: Target stores are open on Mother’s Day
- Monday, May 28: Target stores are open on Memorial Day
- Sunday, June 19: Target stores are open on Father’s Day
- Wednesday, July 4: Target stores are open on Independence Day
- Monday, September 2: Target stores are open on Labor Day
- Monday, October 8: Target stores are open on Columbus Day
- Wednesday, October 31: Target stores are open on Halloween
- Sunday, November 11: Target stores are open on Veteran’s Day
- Thursday, November 22: Target stores are open on Thanksgiving Day, but for limited hours
- Friday, November 23: Target stores are open on Black Friday for extended hours
- Monday, December 24: Target stores are open, and they’re open extended hours on Christmas Eve
- Tuesday, December 25: Target stores are closed on Christmas Day
- Monday, December 31: Target stores are open on New Year’s Eve
- Tuesday, January 1: Target is closed on New Year’s Day 2019
There are only two days out of the year when Target closes its doors: Easter Sunday and Christmas Day. All of the Target¬†stores are open the other 363 days of the year, although there are days when hours will vary from the typical schedule. For example, Target is open limited hours on Thanksgiving Day, and has extended hours on various days during the Christmas holiday shopping season.
2018 Target Store Hours
Target doesn’t have a set store hour schedule which applies to all of its stores. The actual hours of a Target store may vary from location to location. Target does have some 24 hour a day locations, although most do have a closing time each day. Weekday hours and weekend hours may be different depending on the store. The best way to find out the hours of your local Target is to go to their¬†store location tool. When you find the store near you-you can see their hours of operation.
That being said, these are the typical hours most target stores seem to follow:
- Target stores are open¬†Monday through Friday¬†from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm
- Target stores are open¬†Saturday¬†from 8:000 am until 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm
- Target stores are open¬†Sunday¬†from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm
Those stores in larger cities may have slightly extended hours, while those stores in smaller towns may have slightly shortened hours. The above holidays when Target is closed are the planned closures. There can be incidents which will force the closure of a store such as damage or severe weather. If you have any doubt about whether or not a location will be open, or what their store hours are, the best course of action to take is to call to confirm.
Finally, a lot of people enjoy Target because of the savings but often fail to factor in the value of their time in driving to their local Target location.¬† If you need to shop at Target, but don’t need to physically go the store, Target.com is open 24/7 – and they offer free shipping.
For more on Target, check out these articles:
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.