Well, that made many people want to start trying to use mobile payments for everything. After all, it makes it so that you don’t have to carry so much. Not everywhere is accepting these payments though. So, what about one of America’s favorite grocers? Does Kroger accept Apple Pay?
Forms of Payment at Kroger
Like many other grocers Kroger accepts all major debit and credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa). The company also accepts cash and check as well as some EBT and WIC payments (where applicable). What hasn’t been clear to too many people is whether or not Kroger accepts Apple Pay.
Does Kroger Accept Apple Pay?
No. Kroger does not accept Apply Pay?
Kroger is a parent company to quite a few of America’s favorite stores, none of which accept Apply Pay. The list of Kroger stores includes Kroger, Barclay Jewelers, Baker’s, City Market, Copps, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Foods Co., Fred Meyer, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Fresh Eats, Fry’s Food and Drug, Gerbes, Jay C, King Soopers, Littman Jewelers, Mariano’s, Metro Market, Owen’s, Pay Less Supermarkets, Pick ‘n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith’s Food and Drug, Turkey Hill Minit Markets, Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘N Jug, Quik Stop, Tom Thumb Food Stores and Turkey Hill Experience, according to the Kroger website. Although the company owns so many stores, it still does not accept Apple Pay.
Kroger customers don’t mind though. They continue to shop there for great prices and friendly atmosphere. If Kroger doesn’t accept Apple Pay, what stores do?
What Stores Accept Apple Pay?
Kroger may not accept Apple Pay but there are plenty of places you can use the mobile form of payment. Thirty-five percent of merchants in the United States accept Apple Pay today. Do the stores you shop at accept this form of payment?
- Does Walmart accept Apple Pay? No. You cannot use Apple Pay at Walmart.
- Can you use Apple Pay at Target? Target will accept Apple Pay payments and other mobile payments as well.
- Does Sam’s Club accept Apple Pay? You cannot use Apple Pay at Sam’s Club. Like its sister company (Walmart), Sam’s Club won’t be accepting any other forms of mobile payment right now either.
- Does Aldi accept Apple Pay? Being a store known for its discounts, it’s not a huge surprise that Aldi is not currently accepting Apple Pay.
- Can you use Apple Pay at a convenience store? Depending on the store, some locations may accept Apple Pay.
- Does Starbucks accept Apple Pay? Starbucks has accepted Apple Pay practically from the day the app launched. The company is continuing to accept Apple Pay today.
Places That Accept Apple Pay
If you’re like many others you want to use Apple Pay to see what the experience is like. There are so many retailers that do not accept Apple Pay but what about the ones who do? Here are a few popular places that are accepting Apple Pay:
- Apple Store
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Chili’s Grill & Bar
- Panera Bread
- Whole Foods Market
Apple Pay isn’t available everywhere yet but more and more retailers are beginning to offer it. With Samsung Pay making mobile payments even more popular the demand for Apple Pay will grow in the years to come.
Have you used Apple Pay at any of these locations (or others)? We’d like to know about your experience!
Photo: Let’s Talk Payments
You may also enjoy reading:
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.