Instead of focusing on a single weekend this November, most retailers plan to extend their sales and special deals to cover the entire holiday season. One of the largest companies planning to do this is Walmart.
Pre-Black Friday Deals
The retail giant will be kicking off the holiday specials in early November. Walmart announced on Nov. 6 a new Season’s Best Online Special promotion that will run every single day throughout the rest of the holiday shopping season.
Walmart also kicked off more 90-day “Rollbacks,” discounting items like electronics and baking essentials, which will be available on its Daily Savings Center website. These deals will only be available online, and will include special buys and rollbacks. The items included in the promotion will have their prices slashed for at least 90 days, or while supplies last. Each day offers 10 brand new online specials. Many think that the retail giant is trying to compete with other online retailers like Amazon and eBay.
Walmart will be launching the specials with sales that include video games, electronics and toys. Not only that, they will offer buyers bonus rollbacks at Black Friday and Cyber Monday-like prices to kick off the Season’s Best Online Specials event. Here are some of the best deals included in Walmart’s special online offers:
• $429 PlayStation 4 Call Of Duty III Limited Edition Bundle with Madden or FIFA 16 Game (Game Stop has the same price on this, but it does not include Madden or FIFA 16)
• $399 Xbox One 1TB FIFA 16 Limited Edition Bundle with headset and controller (Other places have the same price, but the bundle does not include a headset)
• $199 Nintendo 3DS Handheld Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Bundle (Game Stop has the 3DS for $220)
• $99.99 24-inch RCA HDTV (This is about $20 off from the prices on Amazon)
• $288 Dell 15.6″ Inspiron Laptop PC with Intel Pentium N3540 Processor (A $50 decrease in price from Amazon)
• $199 Jetson Junior Kids’ Electric Scooter Bike (Practically $100 off the original price)
• $99 Kalee Mercedes-Benz Battery-Powered Ride-On (This is compared to $148 on Amazon)
• $19 Star Wars Inquisitor Lightsaber Clock (This is priced at $50 at “Toys ‘R’ Us”
All of the offers except the Star Wars clock have free shipping available. These online specials also offer other products such as popular items in the electronics, home, apparel and other categories. Visit Walmart’s Daily Savings Center page to learn more.
Target plans to be offering a similar opportunity for early shoppers. Both Walmart and Target started their pre-holiday sales on Nov. 1. Black Friday may be a thing of the past soon, or the retailers may simply be catering to online shoppers and people who like to hit the stores sooner than the day after Thanksgiving. Either way, the deals and prices (and the amount of time they are available) are an amazing way to save this holiday season.