Blog Contest Winners
Each month we run a fun blog contest among the savingadvice member bloggers. These are the three winners entries for March:
- What public school can teach you about money
- What a sparkly dress can teach you about money
- What a Road Trip Can Teach You About Money
Discussions From The Forums
These are threads started this past week within the forums which have created quite a bit of discussion:
- Why do home buyers use real estate agents?
- Major recession and fallout of the dollar
- I want to TALK about LIFE INSURANCE
- How much does luck play in creating wealth?
- How do I get the square footage of our home?
- what is your monthly income?
- What Debt To Pay First?
- Do you tip for carry out?
- Could you live for a month on what’s in your pantry?
Personal Finance Stories:
These are some of the personal finance and money related stories that caught our eye this week:
- 36 million Americans live in poverty – earning less than $20,650 for a family of four
- What’s Wrong With Being in the Middle Class?
- Habit-Forming: Borrowers Keep Piling On Debt
- Did you miss out on the economic boom? You aren’t alone…
- What I Learned From Writing 1,008 Columns: Wealth Can Deliver Three Key Benefits
- When airlines fail, fliers have few protections
- I work retail and I can tell you something big is definitely coming
- Millions Wasted on Government Credit Cards
- The Man Who Lost His Name — and his Genetic Identity
- We All Seem To Think We’re Middle Class
- Grocery Rewards Cards Often Aren’t Worth It
- Lenders Swamped By Foreclosures Let Homeowners Stay
- Mortgage Crisis = More Financial Literacy?
- In Massachusetts, Universal Coverage Strains Care
- Retirement Revolutions
Blog carnivals are always a great place to see the best writing from a large variety of blogs from around the blogosphere:
- Personal Finances
We give out prizes which people can bid with points they accumulate in the forums by helping others with their finances. Help others with their finances and get great prizes at the same time:
Image courtesy of phunkstarr
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.