AAA Automotive: Check AAA online. Through their site you can get tickets to Regal, United Artists and Edwards Theatres for $6 each in many areas of the US.
Costco Warehouse: You can get discount movie tickets online to Regal Theaters $7.50 per ticket when you purchase five.
Sam’s Club: You can get discount movie tickets online to Cinemark, Bow Tie, National Amusements Multiplex, Malco and Dickinson Theaters.
Theater Website: Check out the website of the theater you attend. Some theaters offer discount tickets directly from their website. For example, Marcus Theaters offer $5.50 per ticket 20 pack directly from their website.
Movie Club Cards: Most theaters offer customer loyalty movie cards that can earn you free tickets and other discounts.
Senior & Student Discounts: These age related tickets are generally much less than a full priced adult ticket if you qualify.
Local Memberships: Some movie theaters give a discount if you belong to a certain local organization. Ask for a list to see if you’re a member of any.
Local Coupons: Check newspapers, yellow pages, tourist guides and local entertainment guides often offer coupons for local movie theaters.
Entertainment Book: These contain coupons for Regal, AMC, Cinemark, National Amusements and Carmike theaters. If you go to a few movies, it will pay for the price of the book and you’ll have hundreds of other coupons you can use to save money
Product Promotions: Products that have tie-ins with certain movies will often offer discounted or free tickets with enough purchases. If you were planning to attend the movie, you get free food plus the tickets. Fast food companies also often hold these promotions.
Matinees: Matinee showings are usually priced lower than evening movies. Some theaters also offer “matinee Days” (usually a Tuesday) where seats are the matinee price all day.
Pre Matinees: Some theaters now sometimes open in the morning and these pre matinee showings are often even less than the matinee price
Many theaters run special summer programs for kids with free or heavily discounted tickets. Here are some of them
- AMC Summer MovieCamp Free movies from June 27 – August 15 (excluding July 4) on Wednesdays starting at 10:00 AM.
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse 10 weeks of movies on weekday mornings. Tickets for all 10 movies can be purchased in advance for $5 or can be purchased individually at the box office for $1 each.
- Classic Cinemas $1 movies for 8 week from June 13 to August 8 (excluding July 4) on Wednesdays starting at 10:00 AM.
- ClearView Cinema’s Kid’s Club An 8 week series with free admission every Thursday at 10:30 AM beginning July 5th
- Crown Free Summer Kids Film Festival Details have not yet been posted on their site, but they have run summer programs in the past and have a graphic on their site advertising it.
- Dickinson Summer Vacation Movie Series A 10 week series with a different movie each week starting June 5th for $9
- Marcus Theaters Kids Rule Summer Series: $2.50 movies (includes free popcorn) at 10:00 AM Wednesday and Thursday
- Regal Free Family Film Festival Free movies for 9 week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:00 AM. United Artists theaters and Edwards theaters also participate in this summer program.
Like Saving Advice? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest Saving Advice content via email.