Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Financial Chit Chat > Ways To Make Money

Ways To Make Money Making money is another option to consider in addition to saving money. Share ways to make money, tips on making extra money and questions on how to make money

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amarowsky

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 AM
$ Saving Jr. College Student

Forum Posts: 429
Default Tons of ideas + Examples of ways to make side money

Podcast - "Side Hustle School" hosted by Chris Guillebeau.

This (very short ~5-10 min episode) podcast provides examples and detail for many different people making money from "side hustles".

Definition he gives of side hustle =
1) Can't (normally) quit normal job to do it
2) Can't be an hourly job (uber, day labor, ect...)
3) In most cases involves unique ideas
4) Generally gravitates to low Over head (no buildings, employees, etc..)

Of course there are some examples that have some of the above rules broken. But it is super interesting and delivered at great frequency, usually 3 or 4 a week! I started using Amazon Merch after discovering it on this podcast. It was an episode from aprox early march. Some lady who's a graphic designer used Amazon Merch to make like $50k a year from T shirt designs she submitted. Completely fulfilled by amazon w/ no physical labor for her to earn it (aside from time spent on design programs).

Really interesting examples are given to help spur some ideas for people to explore additional steams of income .
commoncentsmike likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:49 AM
$ Saving Sixth Grader

Forum Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarowsky View Post

This (very short ~5-10 min episode) podcast provides examples and detail for many different people making money from "side hustles".

Of course there are some examples that have some of the above rules broken. But it is super interesting and delivered at great frequency, usually 3 or 4 a week! I started using Amazon Merch after discovering it on this podcast. It was an episode from aprox early march. Some lady who's a graphic designer used Amazon Merch to make like $50k a year from T shirt designs she submitted. Completely fulfilled by amazon w/ no physical labor for her to earn it (aside from time spent on design programs).

Really interesting examples are given to help spur some ideas for people to explore additional steams of income .
I'll check it out. Youtube is my only side hustle right now, but it's always good to be on the lookout for new ways. Heck, some on here could probably make an entertaining/educational personal finance podcast.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 PM
$ Saving Third Grader

Forum Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by commoncentsmike View Post
I'll check it out. Youtube is my only side hustle right now, but it's always good to be on the lookout for new ways. Heck, some on here could probably make an entertaining/educational personal finance podcast.
Please let us know if you find something
Old 05-24-2017, 08:52 AM
$ Saving Kindergartener

Forum Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarowsky View Post

A worth list. I am planning on making side money on the internet soon. Currently soaking up any suggestions and ideas I can find on various forums

Thank you!