Saving Advice Forums  

Go Back   Saving Advice Forums > Financial Chit Chat > Personal Finance News, Articles & Blog Posts

Personal Finance News, Articles & Blog Posts Come across personal finance news, articles or blog posts that you really liked and want to share? Place them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Forum Posts: 5,435
Default Top 10 Everyday Things People Do To Ruin Their Cars

Two thirds of all Americans aged 18-24 cannot find Iraq on a map; 33% couldnít identify Louisiana; 47% couldnít find India; 75% think English was the most widely spoken language in the world. People are idiots, and this isnít a uniquely American phenomenon, itís worldwide. The majority of human beings on Earth are stone dumb. Being dumb, most people do dumb things, like unknowingly destroy their car.

So weíve assembled the top 10 everyday things people do to ruin their cars, to help guide you through your own stupidity, into the light. Check it:

Top 10 Everyday Things People Do To Ruin Their Cars
Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Hopeless Optimist

Forum Posts: 5,167

Good article (except for #10 -- lame). Thanks for posting.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
$ Saving Post Graduate

Forum Posts: 3,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeps View Post
Good article (except for #10 -- lame). Thanks for posting.
hahaha unfortunately, i'll have to disagree with you on this one.... I had a friend do exactly what the writer said -- turn to goggle a girl, and ran headlong into a lightpost. Not to mention the assuredly countless close calls we all have probably made... Sadly, I have to respect #10. ::shame::

I'm guilty of #2, shifting into 1st while coasting backward. I never realized that it was bad for the tranny. point noted, i'll have to try to quit that...

Last edited by kork13; 10-05-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 AM
$ Saving Assistant Professor

Forum Posts: 4,549

I liked #10. How about men who hit on women while they are driving??? LOL.

I just saw this - SO TRUE!!! Loved the article.

The funny thing is I went through brakes more when I was younger and I have been surprised time and time again when our mechanic says the 90k mile car has a lot of life left in the brakes. Huh?

I probably was just really hard on them when I was learning to drive...

I am one of those who takes the car into the mechanic at the slightest noise. We have a "newer" mechanic up here that my relative used to work for, and I know he finds me quite odd. But, I have always drove old clunkers and never had a big repair bill or been stranded on the side of the road (knock on wood). If I have to pay an extra $100 here or there to be told "that noise is nothing," it is worth it to me. IT's worth its weight in gold as far as preventive action and catching things early.